Frequent questions


We are a company dedicated to providing international mobility solutions (global mobility), both for companies and individuals. We have a multilingual team trained to provide comprehensive, personalized attention tailored to the needs of our clients.

Global mobility refers to a person’s ability to move seamlessly from one country to another and be successful, both in business and in personal life.

Our services can be contracted both by an individual and by a company. You can contact us through our emails and telephones, we will schedule a virtual meeting to find out your requirements and we will send you a proposal adjusted to these.

We offer migration services (relocation and legal), services designed for companies (migration programs, training and talks) and real estate advisory services (rental, sale, administration and qualification of properties).

What sets us apart is our professionalism, the personalized and comprehensive service that we provide and our ability to react to contingencies. We have a multilingual team that provides constant support and accompaniment to our clients.


To get an idea of the cost of living in Chile, factors such as family group, lifestyle, and neighborhood of residence must be considered. At Golondrina we can guide them for each specific case.

Our job is to guide them in the best way to choose the ideal neighborhood to live, which depends on each case and the composition of the family group.

We recommend that a reconnaissance trip to Chile be made with an ideal duration of two weeks, considering a month and a half in advance prior to the start of the assignment. On this trip we accompany you to see the selected properties and we take care of all the corresponding procedures.

The owner of the lease can be either an individual or a company. The documents that are usually requested for an individual are: Chilean identity card, financial behavior report, certificate of remuneration from the company and an endorsement or joint debtor.

The necessary payments are: the monthly rent in advance for the first month plus a guarantee of 1 or 2 months (in the case of furnished homes it is usually 2 months) and a property brokerage commission, which would correspond to 50% of the monthly rent. plus VAT. These payments must be made at the time of signing the contract.

Our job is to be the intermediary between our foreign client and the property owner or broker. We negotiate an application under other conditions for the benefit of our clients.


For people with nationalities that are not included in the following list, it is necessary to enter the country:

  • Passport with at least 6 months of validity from the moment of entry (Identity card in the case of nationals of Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay and Peru).
  • Accredit economic means to pay for the stay (Credit card with a sufficient quota or checking account statement)
  • Hotel reservation or verifiable letter of invitation.
  • Return ticket (may be with the possibility of changing the date)
  • At the time of completing immigration control, a Single Immigration Card (TUM) is issued. This document grants a Transitory Permanence permit of up to 90 days, extendable once for another 90 days.

IMPORTANT: Remember to take care of this document, since it will be requested when leaving Chile.

To reside in Chile, a Temporary Residence Permit is required. This permit is divided into several subcategories depending on the situation of the expatriate.

The most common or used are:

  • Residence permit for paid activities: intended for those who have an employment contract or offer letter from a Chilean employer or based in Chile.
  • Residence Permit by International Agreements: aimed at nationals of member countries of the MERCOSUR agreement (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Uruguay and Paraguay).
  • Temporary residence permits are granted for a maximum period of 2 years, extendable for an additional 2 years.

The permit holder can bring with them their spouse or civil partner, child under 18 years of age (in case of being a student up to 24 years of age). Dependents (as long as they meet the legal requirements) can carry out paid activities in the country, without the need to obtain an additional or different permit than the temporary residence permit.

At Golondrina we have a team of lawyers with more than 10 years of experience in immigration procedures who are in charge of these processes.

Currently, the National Migration Service, from the moment of the migratory application, takes approximately 3 to 4 months to resolve the application.


We are an international mobility company based in Chile.

We offer solutions to companies and individuals, supporting them comprehensively in all stages and edges of the migration process.

Whatsapp: (+56 9) 9 290 0194
Address: Alonso de Córdova 5320, of 1403, piso 14, Las Condes, Santiago de Chile.